Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hangman by David Frazier


You have committed the ultimate crime

Now you must pay the price

The judge has lowered his gavel

Awaiting the black day, it's off to jail and a holding cell



I am the Hangman

Climb the stairs with me

Mine is the last face that you will see

As I look into eyes filled with tears

I cover heads with a death shroud

So your loud plea I cannot hear



I slip the noose around your neck and make it tight

Pull the pin, drop the hatch, and say goodnight

You were here, and now you're knot



Coins were placed upon your eyes

Payment for the tiller-man

As he sets sail across the river of death with your immortal soul

Never to return.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite dark, yet intriguing. Can't wait to hear what inspired this. Hope to see you guys Saturday the 7th at PB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Albert Pierpoint a hangman in England between 1922-1955.

      Delete
  3. Really hate to say it but to be honest that poem is sort of, mediocre.

    ReplyDelete