Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Death Clouds by C.L. Snyder


The storm dances closer, looming, zooming in, I have no where to go.
The whirlwind whispers my name like a voice in the shadows of your closet.
Hot white claws shred a path to me.
I’m breathless in a flurry of movement surrounding me, pulling my clothes, my hair, and my strength along with the whole of the Earth to this beast.
It booms with each inch gained, a thunder drum sounding my death to all.
With ravenous hunger it descends.
Grey furry turning a head-spinning circle round and round as a chours of my name chains me in place.
I’m bathed in bright red drops staining me, weighing me down into its nothingness.
In another place I hear the anguish cry of my former love.
In this place I hear the faint sirens of the Calvary that will arrive in vein.
In this place I smell the blood as it mixes with the lavender water.
And here,
In this place,
I feel the prick of the razor as it settles down against my skin, beneath the crimson water.

2 comments:

  1. not gonna lie... kinda creeped me out, Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some damn amazing talent you have there... as always.
    Now get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete