Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Sea of Truth by Pierce Dawson Henderson


The desire to see the other side overwhelms
I would due to the same reason some captains leave their own helms
For were will a ship sail without her skipper?
Into the nearest shore or beyond the great dipper
My philosophical thirst is just as well my cancer
Life is full of questions without an answer
My mind is swamped by this urge to take my own life
Answers to my questions, “Is God real” engraved into my knife
This disease has infected every fiber of my being
The line between life and death I know is worth seeing
The reality is I don’t think anything really matters
Our minds are so fragile, I fear that mine shatters
If all that’s real are these, yours, our, and my bitter memories…
Then those whom I’ve forgot about are simply dead-to-me?
My brain; an lonely abandoned asylum, blood stains on every wall
I sleep in a bed drenched with my tears that still fall
Where I sleep is where dozens began their sleep forever
Souls long gone with no one left to remember
These dead lives have never lived, never existed
Because their life stories and memories never persisted
My heart is rusting, all affiliated concepts, aspirations, and dreams are corrosive
The soul’s internal structure eroding, ending result is more than explosive
Flaming shrapnel and glass ripping, burning the fabric of mind
At least compared to the fire, the pain is quick-therefor kind
My soul is weak and in pain, now the body is relapsing
Washed by the waves of addiction, the minds tower of guilt is collapsing
As a child I fell into the terribly truthful ocean, the unforgiving sea
The same waves that the enlightened men and women wade slowly into to feel free
Into the water that is meant to be drank and felt slowly, I fell
The sea of truth did this to my mind and heart, now I reside my own creation, this personal hell.

3 comments:

  1. Please comment if you read this, any feedback/comments would be greatly appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Removing some unnecessary words might help the iambic pentameter here. See how many words you can eliminate without losing meaning. You may find that the poem will have a natural rhythm and beat. Try it, you might be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou, my friend.

    ReplyDelete